Bloggers publish their articles and share it on facebook business page to reach our larger fan base for better visibility.
And it’s a common phenomenon that they wish their post loads faster on desktops and all smartphones.
But it is observed that most of them aren’t satisfied by the speed facebook redirects the link to their sites.
To help the bloggers and various publishers, facebook has introduced “Instant Articles”. It loads 10x faster in mobile than before.
In this article, I will share how to create facebook instant articles step by step and how it works? If you are a WordPress blogger, prior getting into your hands dirty with the process install the instant article WordPress plugin. Facebook has teamed up with Automatic, which is the parent company of WordPress and built this free plugin.
As a blogger, you might have probably had a facebook page and articles on it. This plugin helps to share automatically through your CMS.
The next foremost thing you need to do is, go to your facebook page and click on “setting” option on right side top then choose the instant article on the left as shown in fig.
You should be able to see the screen as below. You need complete these initial steps to submit your article.
1. Add your team: Assign role to your employee or anyone, who is a part of your facebook page.
2. Get the Page Manager App: Instant article is specially built to load article faster on smartphones, so every publisher should use page manager app to preview their articles on their Android or iOS.
3. Claim your URL: When it comes to claiming URL, you need to copy and paste the meta property tag below the <head> of your CMS (content management system), enter your site URL and click on “Claim URL”
4. Create Style Templates: Before you submit facebook instant articles, it is very important to create your own style sheet. You need to upload your logo, type of font in describing the article. To get approval for your article you must perform this step.
5. Create Articles: To publish instant articles, find your RSS feed URL of your blog and configure your CMS to generate an RSS feed, which includes the complete articles in Instant article markup.
CMS like WordPress will come with inbuilt feed URL. In your source code, you can find www.yourdomain.com/feed/
Connect your RSS to your Facebook page by entering your feed URL, your facebook username, and password both in Production RSS Feed and Development RSS Feed options available.
Once you fill these detail and click on save button. Facebook will pull your articles from your RSS feed into Instant article system. It also notifies you the error in your feed if any, so that you can edit it before publishing it.
To view those article click on publishing tool > Instant articles and make necessary changes in the styles of an article.
If any of your articles has got some infographics or highly valuable image you can add facebook engagement buttons (like and comment) to it. Click on that link and it’s easy to that in instant article mark page. To integrate videos check this.
6.Explore Audience Network: Share your article with facebook audience network by letting facebook to advertise in your articles. You can integrate your instant articles with ads.
To perform all these steps there are both web version of your article i.e CMS and the other is Instant article version.
Submit instant articles and subscribe to email notification to keep track of the upcoming changes.